Wednesday, August 17, 2016

How to Take Your Own Great Pictures Pt. 1

I love to encourage other people to take their own fabulous pictures. Whether it is with a cell phone or a pocket camera you can take good pictures by following a few simple tips.

I will be writing a few posts in the weeks to come with tips like these:

1. Always make sure if it is sunny out to stand in solid shade.
There are these annoying little things called "sun spots". As a photographer they drive me crazy when I am trying to work around them. The best way to avoid sunspots are to stand under a large tree that provides a lot of shade, take pictures on an overcast day, or if it is late or early in the day position the sun behind you.

Here are some of my favorite pictures taken in the shade on sunny days.


2. When taking family pictures color coordinate outfits.
I don't mean everyone wear blue shirts, or floral printed dresses. Pick 2 or three colors that look good together and make sure that each member is wearing 2 of those colors, simple as that! 

Check out these pictures and how the families chose to color coordinate to make their photographs look great.


3. Capture the candid moments too.
Some of my FAVORITE family portraits I've done are the ones that were captured when the families weren't posed or didn't think I was taking pictures. This captures the natural love and dynamics within a family.

I love these candid family moments. The love and happiness is totally visible.

Those are 3 tips for taking your own family pictures for today. Follow along for more tips in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment